Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry, is seeking to hire full-time Aquaculture Technicians to support our operations on the East and West Coasts of Vancouver Island.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Aquaculture Technician will work shifts of 8 days in and 6 days out. Working as part of a team, the Aquaculture Technician will be primarily responsible for farm operations including feeding, animal husbandry and security of fish stocks.
- A keen understanding of all fish handling procedures (i.e. grading and splits)
- Understand, enforce, and adhere to all government regulations, farm practices and standard of practices
- A good understanding of feed regimes, feed rates and feed monitoring
- Familiarity with cage and anchoring knowledge and related maintenance
- Environmental and plankton monitoring
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Preference will be given to those with previous experience in Aquaculture
- Aquaculture, Marine Biology, or a Bachelor of Science preferred
- Must be physically fit and able to lift or move heavy items
- Well-developed communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork and conflict resolution skills
- Valid certificates for First Aid 1, WHMIS, Forklift, SVOP and Med A3 are an advantage
As part of our commitment to employment excellence, Grieg Seafood offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
Closing date: July 15th, 2019
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org