Assistant Barge Manager
Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry, is seeking to hire a full-time Assistant Barge Manager. Reporting to the Barge Manager, the Assistant to Barge Manager will assist the Barge Manager in supporting the activities of the sea site operations. The Assistant Barge Manager works on the barge. Shifts will be 8-days-on and 6-days-off with occasional overtime.
Training, Education, and Experience
- Fishing Master 4 or 60 ton ticket (required)
- Mechanical training or equivalent
- Mechanical work experience
- Assist Barge Manager with the removal of all unused nets
- Assist Barge Manager with installation of all clean nets on site
- Assist Barge Manager with mort allocation
- Follow all biosecurity procedures pre and post bin transport
- Hands-on mechanical maintenance and proper upkeep of barge
- Familiarity with maintenance and start-up logs for main engines and crane motor
- Familiarity with Barge Logbook, safety check list and any and all other company documents
- Familiarity with sourcing and purchasing of barge parts and equipment as needed
- Assist Barge Manager with movement of consumable items, feed and fuel between sites
- Assist with moving of compressors on and off sites
- Assist Operations Manager and outside contractors with site anchoring as/when needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to evaluate information and analyze problems logically to develop solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be familiar with the maintenance and upkeep of the barge.
- Proficient with forklift, power tools and heavy equipment
- Must possess strength and mobility to perform physical work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Strong organization and time-management skills
Open until filled.
Email your resume to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working for Grieg Seafood. Please note that only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Please note applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.