Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., an exciting and growing company in the Aquaculture industry, is seeking to hire a full-time Environmental Specialist in their Regulatory and Environmental Department. The Specialist will be part of a creative cutting-edge team that employs state-of-the-art technology and marine water quality analytics to drive environmental mitigation programs and operational decision-making, and is responsible for Grieg’s obligations in British Columbia’s dynamic regulatory system.
- Assist with analytical and life support systems management;
- Assist with maintaining Grieg operating procedures pertaining to monitoring and operation of the mitigation systems;
- Onsite support during elevated site environmental events (e.g. algae blooms);
- Working with data collection, IT systems, year-end data analysis and reporting;
- Implementation of protocols and standards for Purchasing and Maintenance of all monitoring and mitigation equipment (e.g. microscopes);
- Assist with development of R&D projects and reporting aimed at improving production, reducing mortality and earning social licence;
- Regulatory reporting to government agencies as per conditions of licences and permits;
- Perform technical sampling, analyses and modelling (for permitting applications);
- Coordinating environmental monitoring programs related to regulatory compliance;
- Deliver training programs to sea site staff (plankton sampling and identification);
- Assist in the implementation of environmental/regulatory policies and management systems;
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Familiar with Project Management;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills;
- BSc or related degree in Biology, Marine Biology, Environmental science or Aquaculture;
- Minimum 1-2 years of related work experience, preferably in an industrial setting withfisheries, aquaculture and/or a marine setting or equivalent.
As part of our commitment to employment excellence, Grieg Seafood offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package. For a full job description or if you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: September 2nd 2019
Email your resume to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Grieg Seafood. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.