Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry is seeking a full-time Automated Net Washing Manager to help support our sea site operations. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Automated Net Washing Manager is responsible for leading a team of 2-4 technicians and managing the operations for cleaning of fish enclosure nets using a mechanized pressure washing system. Daily responsibilities will include overseeing the operation, transportation and maintenance of the equipment, as well as developing efficient standardized washing practices in collaboration with farm site teams. Working 8-days-on and 6-days-off, 10-hour work days.
- Operation, transportation, and maintenance of robotic net washing equipment (Autoboss,a programmable, automated net cleaning machine designed to clean fish farming grower nets frequently http://www.trimaraservices.com/products/autoboss/);
- Operate boats and lifting equipment (such as Hiabs and forklifts) in a marine environment;
- Develop, maintain, and meet scheduled deadlines;
- Managing budgets;
- Entering all relevant data pertaining to cost analysis of square meters washed;
- Evaluating data and reporting to Operations Manager;
- Farm equipment maintenance;
- Follow WorkSafe BC regulations and company biosecurity practices;
- Train, develop, mentor and coach junior team members;
- Responsible for maintaining efficient and productive staffing levels.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Preferred: Engine Mechanic, or Aquaculture Certificate/Diploma from accredited programs or science- based degree in Aquaculture, Aquatic Resources or Fisheries Resource Management, and/or 5 years related leadership work experience in above stated areas;
- Strong leadership skills and Project Management Skills;
- Excellent planning, organizational and forecasting skills;
- Strong financial management skills;
- Familiarity with the concepts of fish growth, stock management and net design;
- Solid verbal and communication skills;
- Proficient computer skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Physically fit.
As part of our commitment to employment excellence, Grieg Seafood offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Closing Date: June 30th, 2020
To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org