Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry, is seeking to hire a Freshwater Production Manager. Reporting to the Freshwater Production Director, the Freshwater Production Manager oversees day-to-day operations at Gold River Hatchery and health management of sea stocks and their successful transfer from fresh to saltwater containment sites and is responsible for daily operations including compliance with all government and agency regulations and adherence to company policies, procedures, processes and protocol as they relate to fish health, production, and employee and community relations. The Freshwater Production Manager leads a team of two Assistant Managers, Lead Hand staff and Technicians. The incumbent will be spending most of the time at the Hatchery.
- Manage the hatchery to produce the highest quality smolt for the lowest cost;
- Biological and financial budgeting with updated forecasts;
- Plan, request and follow up necessary capital expenditure;
- Provide biological and financial performance reports;
- Ensure compliance to regulations and company policies governing fisheries and aquaculture;
- Ensure compliance to government regulations, farm practices and SOPs;
- Enforce site biosecurity in cooperation with the Fish Health Department;
- Feed and vaccination management;
- Fish transport management, including delivery schedules and customer follow up;
- Responsible for maintaining efficient and productive staffing levels;
- Train, develop, mentor and coach junior team members;
- Foster positive ongoing relationships with all employees.
- BSc. or related degree; Aquaculture Certificate from accredited program;
- 5 years of aquaculture experience; 8 years related managerial experience; OR a combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership skills;
- Advanced Project Management skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and computer skills;
- Strong organization, problem-solving and time-management skills;
- Favorable driver’s license.
Thank you for your interest in Grieg Seafood. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Competitive salary commensurate with experience, generous benefits package, RRSP contribution plan and relocation assistance offered.
Closing date: September 11, 2020
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com