Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry, is seeking to hire a permanent full-time Hatchery Technician to support our hatchery operations in Gold River, BC. Reporting to the Assistant Hatchery Manager, the Hatchery Technician will be primarily responsible for production operations including feeding, grading, and vaccination. The Technician will work shifts of 8 days on and 6 days off with occasional overtime.
- Understand, enforce and adhere to all government regulations, hatchery practices and SOP’s and site biosecurity
- Categorize morts
- Complete habitat assessment sheet
- Bulk average weight sample
- Fish pump
- PAC column
- Adjust feeder
- Service oxygen stationary and hand held probe
- Weekly site inventory and weekly fish health samples
- Dip vaccination
- Yard duties i.e.., Round up, cleaning feed shed
- Run errands i.e.. pick up eggs, return cardboard, fill propane tanks
- Diploma or degree in Aquaculture, Aquatic Resources or Fisheries Resources preferred, but not required;
- Previous Aquaculture experience preferred, but not required;
- Knowledge of feeding systems, grading, fish health, fish husbandry, site maintenance, related record keeping, and equipment up-keep is an asset;
- Communication skills both written and verbal, problem solving, teamwork, and critical thinking skills;
- WHMIS, Marine Emergency Duties A3, Radio Operator, Small Vessel Operating Permit, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Forklift, and Confined Space certifications are considered an asset.
As part of our commitment to employment excellence, Grieg Seafood offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package. Thank you for your interest in Grieg Seafood. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Closing date: July 13, 2020
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org