Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry, is seeking to hire a Human Resources, Payroll and Occupational Health and Safety Director.
Reporting to the Managing Director and serving as a critical member of the organization’s Senior Leadership Team, the HR Director provides strategic leadership and guidance to the company and its employees. With a focus on innovation and best practices, the HR Director will stimulate recruitment, employee relations, compensation, performance management, health and safety and organizational development practices that build employee engagement and retention. The HR Director leads a team of three: an OHS Manager, an HR Generalist, and a Payroll and Benefits Administrator.
- Lead the designing, implementing and administering of HR, payroll and safety excellence strategies and best practice approaches in alignment with corporate priorities;
- Provide consultative services and expertise regarding HR programs, policies, procedures and legislation, conflict resolution, disciplinary processes, intervention strategies, and terminations;
- Manage the annual performance review, remuneration review, wellness initiatives, employee recognition events, promoting a climate of process improvement;
- Nurture relationships with post-secondary institutions, training agencies, job posting websites and university career centres; establish a solid employer brand aligned with the company values.
- Oversee the company’s payroll and benefits administration;
- Oversee the health and safety strategy, programs, committees and auditing process, promoting a high safety culture within the company.
- 5+ years’ recent, similar demonstrated experience;
- University degree in Business, HR Management or related field; CPHR designation or in progress with an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Solid knowledge of all aspects of HR, labour and health and safety standards and legislation;
- Demonstrated ability to align HR strategies, programs and policies with operational objectives; strong ability to deliver results and to manage ambiguity and approach challenges with initiative and tact;
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, relationship building, consulting and coaching skills.
Thank you for your interest in Grieg Seafood. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Competitive salary commensurate with experience, generous benefits package, RRSP contribution plan and relocation assistance offered.
Closing date: October 27, 2020
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com